Whatever your role in a company might be, inheriting your company’s existing website from another team member to manage, can be quite overwhelming. Therefore, we would like to calm some of your ‘nerves’ by providing a list of the most important next steps to do when inheriting a WordPress site.
Don’t forget to:
- Get All The Passwords
- Change All Admin Passwords and Email Addresses
- Take Notes and Familiarise Yourself before making any changes
- Understand the importance and functionality of each WordPress plugin used on the website.
- Setup an Automated Backup Solution
- Update User Roles and Permissions
- Run Security and Performance Scans
- Check for Proper Tracking and SEO Integration
- Implement Version Control and/or Staging Site
- Run a Website Clean up
- Review Plugin Settings